Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Estrogen and Wrinkled Skin Connection

Can Estrogen Prevent Wrinkles?
Did you know that besides using the best wrinkle creams money can buy, for women of a certain age, estrogen or natural plant based hormones can also be used in the war against wrinkles?
Menopause or Premenopause starts with a decline in hormones which also causes a decline in:
-skin moisture
-collagen production
-elastin production
All of this leaves us with wrinkled, thin, dry itchy skin. Not fair is it?
But Don't Despair - There May Be Hope After All
When plant based estrogens - called phytoestrogens - breakdown in the body they convert to estriol. Although estriol is the weaker of three main estrogens produced in the body, it is an important anti aging skin cream for women experiencing a decline in estrogen production.
Studies have shown that a drop in hormone production causes elastin and collage and production to drop - leaving us with wrinkly, sagging skin.
The Journal of International Menopausal Society has stated that estrogen decline has a profound effect on skin and found that when postmenopausal women received estrogen treatment - they had an increase in collagen, elasticity, and dermal thickness.
Other studies found that in women who took estrogen replacement, the chance of having dry wrinkled skin was 30% less, than those who did not. They also took in to account life style habits, such as smoking and sun expose, adjusted for these two factors, and still found the benefits of estrogen on skin health were significant.
So What Can You Do?
Try Natural Estrogen Creams
While hormone replacement therapy may not be for everyone, there are safe alternatives you can try to help relieve or prevent menopausal skin deterioration. You can try over-the-counter natural estrogen (estriol) creams containing plant compounds with phytoestrogenic activity.
Dr. John Lee, a pioneer and international authority in the use of natural estrogen and progesterone creams for natural hormone balance. He found that phytoestrogen creams applied to the skin can help reverse wrinkling and should be considered an important anti aging skin care treatment. He also found that estriol cream can be helpful for acne and acne scars.
These creams can be found anywhere in health food stores or the internet. My favorite is a brand called Emerita. They've been around long before I ever needed hormones - I found out about them while working at a health food store and this brand was the favorite among pre and menopausal women.
Try Natural Progesterone Creams
USP natural progesterone creams are also sold over-the-counter and are derived from plant fats and oils - a substance called diosgenin - which is extracted from wild yams or soybeans.
A study published in The British Journal of Dermatology documented the beneficial effects of using 2% natural progesterone cream on skin texture of women during and after menopause. The impressive results showed a 23% increase in skin firmness, 29% wrinkle reduction around the eye area (crows feet) and almost 10% reduction of the depth of laugh lines.
Some companies sell both natural estrogen and progesterone together in one cream product; however, you need to find which one is best suited for your needs.
Some women may be estrogen dominate and therefore will only need or feel good when using progesterone cream. Others may be low in both estrogen and progesterone and will require both hormones.
Please be sure to speak to your gynecologist or health care professional before trying any topical hormones.
Black Cohosh
An natural product that can help is an herb called Black Cohosh. It was originally used by Native American to ease menstrual problems, is often included with these natural hormone creams. Black cohosh has been found to have a hormone-like structure, allowing it to bind to human estrogen receptors - making it a good choice for correcting the negative effects of decreased hormones on the skin.
In addition, black cohosh may help prevent the breakdown of skin structure support and increase the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. This herb is often added to natural estrogen creams along with other herbs as complete hormone balancing formula.
How To Use The Creams
Keep in mind, these are not face creams, they are natural topical hormone replacement creams applied to the body to help restore proper hormone balance.

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete